Welcome Back!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a restful break and that your semester is off to a great start. I’m excited to be back blogging and chatting with you all. I’m really enjoying my classes so far, and I feel pretty good about this semester (but a little sad too because it’s my last at PC). 


I learned a lot from the fall about what I need to work on so I’m hoping to use that newfound knowledge to make this time around even better. Last semester, I explored the socioeconomic impact of Marigold, specifically Tagetes erecta, on Mesoamerica, and I wrote about a possible experiment to explore its antibiotic properties and relate that to its economic importance. I loved doing research for that question; I learned so much about its uses and ties to burials in Mesoamerica as well as its value in rituals. I’m glad I had the opportunity to research something so interesting that ties into my interest in anthropology and archaeology. Regarding a project for this semester, I’m not too sure what direction I want to go in, but I have plans to talk to a few of my professors about possible ideas.  I’m looking forward to the possibilities and finding something to explore!

 

Comments

  1. Hey Ally! I don't know if you were aware but you could continue with the same project, especially if you needed more data. Or you could just build on that previous project but you do not have to start a whole new project, unless you really want to. Just an FYI.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment