Rough week

 Unfortunately, I’ve done very little this week regarding my project. I did get some great advice back from professors about paths to take, including using Netlogo to model an environment and base an experiment on some sort of anthropological conditions. I haven’t gotten the chance to explore further or construct a question just yet. I ran into a lot of difficulties with the transfer process this week, and I got some bad news regarding my major plans at ASU, so I’ve spent the majority of my time dealing with that. It was very unexpected news, and it changes my plans a great deal. I definitely feel a little discouraged right now, but plans go awry, and all I can do is move forward. I know everything will work out in the end, but the initial shock of plans suddenly changing is always a stressful experience. One thing I’ve learned to embrace during my time in college is the ability to be adaptable and roll with the punches. 
Next week, I’m hoping to finish up the final touches of my research question and work out whether I will use Netlogo or not to complete my research proposal. Below are some images from the site about NetLogo and an example model.





Comments

  1. If you are learning to use NetLogo this is a great course that is free and has several examples of modeling various complex interactions and may help you out with your project this semester, https://www.complexityexplorer.org/courses/119-introduction-to-complexity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment