Staying Busy!

 This has been one of the busiest weeks of the semester for me. I’ve been having a lot of meetings with advisors to figure out my transfer to ASU in the fall, as well many emails and meetings for my research project. It’s been challenging to focus on one aspect of it because I’m constantly learning new exciting information so I get wayy off-topic. However, my resource list and project in general are coming together, which is relieving. I’ve been looking at the socioeconomic impact of marigolds, the species Tagetes erecta in particular, on the Mesoamerica region. Before I started this project, I wasn’t even aware this was an edible flower, but now I’ve been able to learn in-depth about so many dishes that marigold is used in. Additionally, I’ve been reading a great deal about its medicinal properties and uses in relation with the Aztec. However, I think my favorite part has been looking into the ritual component of this flower. I read a study about the increased presence of marigold pollen in cranial burials in the northern Basin of Mexico as related to rituals. I look forward to continuing my research on this plant!!

 


Comments

  1. Glad you have found something to settle into. I understand the constant excitement, luckily you will have the opportunity to do more research next semester so save those questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment